Monday, December 22, 2008

Day 20 (Tuesday 16th Dec 08)

MorniNG!!!! Wow It's the 1st day I woke up at 0700hrs...however there is no hot shower but a Beatiful Morning awaits... So refreshing...with the sound of COCKs...LOL...We got ready and head for Bfast at the nearby shop(Kampung style Shop)the same place we had our dinner last night...me & Mel had coffee only as there was nothing for US...then I was infd that the Vehicle required some gasoline and if we could pay for it...I agreed to provide for the Gasoline without any hesitation as there is no way I'm gonna refuse for the Children,paid USD 25 for gasoline...then after that we head back to Habitat Office and fetch a staff to go along & left for the Orphanage with all proceeds...

Travelling thru the village,one could feel that it's really behind time...most of the Children esp the young,really young where back home they're suppose to be in Childcare...or pre-school...yet they're busy playing along the road side,in the dusty yet dangerous when car o m/cycle passes thru...hmmm they were also seen playing in the ponds of stagnant water....after going for about 35km..we Reached our destination, PEACE PROJECT CENTER(PPC); KARUNA CHILDREN CENTER established by a group of Aussie's......It was the moment we've been yearning to accomplish since having the thought while riding thru Thailand...E habitat officer,'Mr Phuong Sopheab' intro Us to the Teachers and students. Announcing of our Good intention and purpose of coming down...We intro ourself and gave Wai's to em.... After the short speech by me....We gave out the Gifts to the Individual Child..so as to eliminate the thoughts that the Adult would sell away the gifts and not giving the Children..so Mel and me gave them individually, I'm surprise that a library was name after me...LOL..(EDDY's LIBRARY)..However Most of the older children were out to government school while the ones there do not have any school to attend to...Red eyes and Tears rolled thru our sunglasses as we gave out to em....I myself couldn't take it any further...

so I made a quick speech on behalf of all that contributed...e Teachers were infd by me that I entrusted them to give the Balance gifts to anymore child that we have left out and rest of the stuff to be shared...Photo time with the KIDS and I promise that I would return one day for another similar visit...
Left the School and head opposite for a Historic site of a ruined 'WAT'...It was very old and detroyed...spent another half hr there and left the PPC for Habitat office after given a Good bye's by the Children...Both Mel and ME were relieved that Our Good intention finally being made to reality..Thanks for the Great opportunity shown by kind hearted PPL who contributed....

After reaching the Habitat Office...we prepared ourself for the trip back into Thailand...We have achieved and Leaving behind nice and memorable experience...Moved off at 1300hrs for Poipet-Aran border... What a route that I decided to took...Its like a Total Off road...and Mel's sitting behind balancing..hehe...However She's my lucky star..the Route fr Main Road to Sissophon was better...the Road was partial Clean and good Tarmac...

Yeah...we reached the Poipet Border at 1600hrs...Immigration Clearance was done without any implication...then Aranyaphatet Border in Thai side...Proceeded straight to wash Munster...as it was covered with....Mud and slimmy stuffs... Headed for a sumptous Dinner and left for Ayutthaya..Tony's Place...for the Night..

No comments: